Heart Disease Prevention, Evaluation, and Management
Our cardiologists specialize in the prevention, evaluation, and management of heart disease and understanding specific risk factors of the condition.
The following are risk factors we evaluate:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol
- Obesity or being overweight
- A family history of heart disease
- A previous personal history of heart or vascular disease
The following tests may be conducted after one’s evaluation and medical history is thoroughly reviewed:
- Cholesterol test
- Blood pressure reading
- Homocysteine test measuring the level of a particular type of amino acid in the blood.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG/EKG)
- Echocardiogram studying the anatomy and function of the heart
For more specific questions relating to risk factors and tests, contact us today